These Terms and Conditions were last revised 09/08/2016
In these terms and conditions:
Agreement means collectively these Terms and Conditions, the Data Protection Statement and the Fees, Limits and Restrictions, available at www.kitti.co.uk/fees
ATM means an Automated Teller Machine or cash dispenser bearing the MasterCard logo;
- Cancellation means when you exercise your right to cancel your Card Account, your KiTTi Owner Account and when you relinquish your Card;
- Card means a prepaid MasterCard issued by us to a KiTTi Owner from time to time under the Agreement (including any renewed or replacement Card);
- Card Account means the web-based electronic money (e-money) account opened and maintained by us in the name of a KiTTi Owner and associated with your Card. This account represents the money available to spend on the Card;
- KiTTi means a pool of funds belonging to a KiTTi Owner, connected to the KiTTi Owner Account and for a designated purpose determined by a KiTTi Owner, and to which a KiTTi Participant has or may contribute to, using his/her own funds;
- KiTTi App means the mobile application owned and/or licenced and operated by Santander, through which the KiTTi service is made available and any developments and/or updates to the same from time to time;
- KiTTi Owner means the person whom applies for a KiTTi Owner Account, is issued with a Card connected to a Card Account, can invite KiTTi Participants to join KiTTis and can pay in funds;
- KiTTi Owner Account means the umbrella web-based electronic money (e-money) account (excluding the Card Account) opened and maintained by us in the name of a KiTTi Owner, in respect of all KiTTis;
- KiTTi Participant means the person who is a participant of a KiTTi by applying for a KiTTi Participant Account;
- KiTTi Participant Account means the registration account opened and maintained by a KiTTi Participant;
- KiTTi service refers to the service provided under the Agreement, which includes a KiTTi Owner Account, KiTTi Participant Account, a Card Account and a Card;
- KiTTi Website means www.kitti.co.uk or such other website address as we shall notify to you from time to time;
- Merchant means a retailer, including an internet, mail order/telephone order retailer or any other person, firm or corporation that accepts cards displaying the MasterCard logo;
- PIN means the Personal Identification Number linked to your Card;
- Santander means Santander UK plc, a company registered in England and Wales (registered number 2294747), authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (registered number 106054);
- Transaction means any payment received into a KiTTi Owner Account from a debit card or payments out from your Card Account, such as cash withdrawals and Merchant Card payment Transactions;
- “We”, “us” or “our” means Kalixa Pay Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (registered number 06035209) authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to issue e-money (registered number 900005);
- “You” or “your” means as the context allows, a KiTTi Owner and/or a KiTTi Participant.
- Unless otherwise specified:
- the headings in these terms and conditions are for reference only and shall not affect its interpretation;
- except where the context otherwise requires, the masculine includes the feminine, the singular includes the plural and, in each case, vice versa;
- "includes" and "including" shall mean including without limitation;
- references to a party shall mean either party to the Agreement and shall include that party’s personal representatives, successors and permitted assigns, unless otherwise specified;
- in the event of any inconsistency between the Agreement and the Financial Conduct Authority Rules then the latter shall prevail to the extent of such conflict.
Ownership of funds
As a KiTTi Owner, you shall subject to the Agreement, be the sole beneficial owner of all funds in your KiTTi Owner Account.
- As a KiTTi Participant, when you pay into a KiTTi Owner Account , you surrender to the owner of that KiTTi Owner Account all ownership and entitlement to those funds.
Important information regarding your KiTTi Owner Account, KiTTi Participant Account, Card Account and Card
A KiTTi Owner Account, a KiTTi Participant Account, a Card Account, a Card and the KiTTi help desk team are operated by us. The KiTTi App and KiTTi Website are owned and/or licensed and operated by Santander. Your downloading and use of the KiTTi App and use of the KiTTi Website are subject to any applicable separate terms and conditions between you and Santander and those between you and the App store provider. You shall always use the latest version of the KiTTi App, as is made available by Santander.
The Card is a prepaid MasterCard and is not a credit, charge or debit card. You can only use your Card to spend money that you have transferred to your Card Account.
You will not earn interest on any money that you hold in your Card Account or KiTTi Owner Account.
Applying for your KiTTi Owner Account, Card Account and KiTTi Participant Account
- You can apply to register for a KiTTi Participant Account, open a KiTTi Owner Account, join a KiTTi and apply for a Card Account and a Card using the KiTTi App on your mobile phone.
- We use your mobile phone number as a means of identification when you contact us. Your username to log-in to the KiTTi App shall also be your mobile phone number. If you change your mobile phone number, your username shall continue to be your original mobile phone number.
- As a KiTTi Owner, you may only apply for one Card and one Card Account. However you may open additional KiTTis within the same KiTTi Owner account, subject to certain limits. Please see www.kitti.co.uk/fees for full details.
- As a KiTTi Participant, you may join a KiTTi created by a KiTTi Owner once he/she has invited you. As a KiTTi Participant, you may also apply to become a KiTTi Owner by upgrading your KiTTi Participant account to a KiTTi Owner Account.
- As a KiTTi Owner and/or KiTTi Participant you may register using only one unique mobile phone number per person, under the KiTTi programme.
- To be eligible to become a KiTTi Owner or a KiTTi Participant, you must be at least 18 years old and have a UK-issued debit card and in the case of becoming a KiTTi Owner, have a UK residential address.
- Before we accept your registration for a KiTTi Participant Account, application to open a KiTTi Owner Account, a Card Account and issue a Card to you, we will need to successfully verify your identity using electronic verification checks. We reserve the right to request additional information or documentation at any time in order to confirm your identity and to comply with our legal and/or regulatory obligations.
- We will accept your registration for a KiTTi Participant Account, open your KiTTi Owner Account, Card Account and issue you with your Card on the basis of the information that you have provided to us. You agree to provide us with accurate information and to immediately inform us from time to time, of any changes so that our records remain correct.
- We reserve the right to refuse your registration for a KiTTi Participant Account, decline your application to open a KiTTi Owner Account or a Card Account for any reason.
- You will be given the option to upload a profile image, which will then be associated with your KiTTi Owner Account and/or KiTTi Participant Account. This image (and any updated image from time to time) must be suitable and not deemed offensive or potentially offensive in any way. Offensive images include but are not limited to: pornographic images; images of a racist or discriminatory nature; and images inciting political or religious violence. We reserve the right in our sole discretion, to terminate your participation in KiTTi (including closing any KiTTi Participant Account, KiTTi Owner Account, Card Account or Card) in the event that any inappropriate images (in our view) are uploaded.
Activating your Card Account and Card
- You must choose your PIN in the KiTTi App before a Card is issued to you. Your Card will be sent to you by post to the postal address provided in your application. You will not receive a PIN in the post from us.
- The Card is issued by us, subject to the terms and conditions of any licence from MasterCard or its affiliates. You must successfully activate your Card prior to usage. Details of how to activate your Card will be sent with the Card.
- All Cards issued by us are, and remain, our property. You must immediately return the Card to us, upon our request, or at our instruction, destroy it. Please see Appendix A: How to destroy your Card.
- We, or any person acting on our behalf, may retain your Card at our discretion.
Fees, limits and restrictions
- Fees apply to the use of the KiTTi service. Please see www.kitti.co.uk/fees for full details. These fees shall be collected by us as an agent for Santander
- There are limits and restrictions to the use of the KiTTi service. Please see www.kitti.co.uk/fees for full details.
Paying into a KiTTi Owner Account
- Only a KiTTi Owner may create a KiTTi connected to a KiTTi Owner Account. Both a KiTTi Owner and a KiTTi Participant may pay funds into a KiTTi connected to a KiTTi Owner Account.
- You can use debit cards issued in United Kingdom only to pay in funds into a KiTTi Owner Account.
- A minimum amount applies to pay in to a KiTTi connected to a KiTTi Owner Account. Please see www.kitti.co.uk/fees for full details.
- A KiTTi Owner Account must not exceed a total allowable balance at any one time. Please see the limits table at www.kitti.co.uk/fees for full details. Any pay-in Transaction amount(s) exceeding such balance, shall be declined.
Moving funds to a Card Account
- Funds must be transferred from a KiTTi Owner Account to your Card Account to enable them to be spent using the Card.
- Only a KiTTi Owner will be able to transfer funds from a KiTTi Owner Account to a Card Account.
When funds are received into your KiTTi Owner Account or Card Account, they will be applied in the following order:
- to pay for any fees you owe to us as an agent for Santander under the Agreement;
- to pay for any Transaction that you make.
- We can decline any pay-in Transaction and reserve the right to suspend or terminate your right to pay-in funds into a KiTTi Owner Account at any time and without notice to you. If we do decline a pay-in Transaction, you will be notified immediately within the KiTTi App. If you then contact us, we shall inform you of the reasons for the refusal (if possible) and the procedure for correcting any factual errors that led to the refusal.
Card, PIN and KiTTi App security
- sign your Card immediately upon receipt;
- keep your Card in a safe place and secure, at all times and not allow any other person to use it;
- memorise your PIN;
- take all reasonable precautions to prevent your PIN from becoming known to another person, including a KiTTi Participant(s);
- keep the passcode for your KiTTi App access safe, secure and secret at all times and must not disclose it to any other person including KiTTi Participants, friends, family or work colleagues, nor any Santander or Kalixa employee;
- destroy any Card which has expired or has been cancelled or (if we request) return it to us. Please see Appendix A: How to destroy your Card.
You must not:
- use your Card before or after the period during which it is valid;
- use your Card after you receive notice that we have cancelled or withdrawn it;
- use your Card for an unlawful or illegal purpose;
- use your PIN if someone else can see you entering it in;
- damage or bend your Card.
- If you suspect that someone else knows your PIN, or you have forgotten it, you must tell us immediately (Please see Appendix B: How to contact us) so that we can block your Card and issue you with a new Card.
- If you suspect that someone else knows the passcode to your KiTTi App, you must immediately change it using the change of passcode function in your KiTTi App.
Using your Card and Transaction authorisation
- Only the person who applied for a Card may use it.
- You can use your Card at any Merchant. Your PIN will allow you to use the Card at ATMs and Chip & PIN retailers.
- We will convert foreign currency Transactions into pound sterling using the foreign exchange rate applied by MasterCard and available at https://www.mastercard.com/global/currencyconversion.
Card Transactions are regarded as authorised where you authorise the Transaction at the point of sale by following any instructions provided by a Merchant to authorise the Transaction, which may include:
- entering your PIN;
- providing your signature;
- providing your Card details;
- waving, swiping or tapping your Card over, or on a card reader;
- inserting your Card and entering your PIN at an ATM.
- Once you have authorised a Transaction it cannot be cancelled or reversed.
You may be entitled to a refund in relation to a Transaction (together with any related charges) where:
- a Card Transaction was not authorised in accordance with the Agreement or;
- we have incorrectly executed a Transaction (unless we can show otherwise); provided that you have notified us without any undue delay and in any event no later than 13 months after the date on which the amount of the relevant payment Transaction was debited to your Card Account.
- You must ensure that you have sufficient funds in your Card Account before you use your Card, as otherwise, a Transaction may not be authorised.
- It is your responsibility to regularly check the balance of your Card Account and to ensure that you have sufficient funds in it to pay for your Transactions. There are some circumstances where Merchants may require you to have an available balance in your Card Account that is greater than the value of the Transaction you wish to make, for example hotels and cars rental, as they may not be able to accurately predict what the final Transaction amount will be
- In some situations your Card cannot be used including, self-service petrol pumps (although you can use your Card to pay by taking it to the cashier) or where a Merchant cannot authorise your Transaction online.
- We will charge a fee when you withdraw money from a UK or international ATM. Please see www.kitti.co.uk/fees for full details.
- We will charge a foreign exchange fee (in addition to the exchange rate payable under clause 9.3) when you use your Card abroad to make a Transaction in a currency other than pound sterling. Please see www.kitti.co.uk/fees for full details.
We may decide to decline your request for authorisation for any Transaction or decline to process any Transaction if:
- we have reason to suspect a Card has been lost or stolen;
- you have not complied with the Agreement;
- you do not have sufficient funds in your Card Account to pay for the Transaction.
- You must not spend more money than you have in your Card Account.
- Notwithstanding clause 9.7, if a Transaction is processed for an amount greater than the funds available in your Card Account we shall inform you in writing. It is your responsibility to immediately bring this balance back up to £0 or more, by transferring money from a KiTTi Owner Account to your Card Account.
- We reserve the right to take all necessary steps, including legal action, to recover any outstanding monies owed to us as an agent for Santander under the Agreement and to charge your KiTTi Owner Account or Card Account with any reasonable costs we incur when enforcing our rights.
- We reserve the right to use funds from any KiTTis that you own to fund the KiTTi Owner Account or Card Account that is in negative balance.
Changes to your contact details and communications
- It is your responsibility to notify us immediately of any change to your name, address and any other contact details such as email address or contact telephone number so that our records are accurate, complete and up to date. Where requested by us, you must supply within 14 days, supporting documentation reflecting the change.
- You will be responsible for any loss that results from any failure to advise us of a change to your contact details.
- You agree that we may communicate by email and SMS with you at all times, which will include notifying you about the KiTTi service and Card-related activity. Any email or SMS to you will be treated as being received as soon as it has been sent by us.
- We will never send you marketing material. Santander may send you marketing material unless you have told them not to for example, via the Kitty App. Any preferences that you record will only apply to the KiTTi service and not to any other accounts that you may have with Santander.
Lost, stolen or damaged Cards and misuse and liability for unauthorised Transactions
- If your Card is lost or stolen you may lose some or all of the money transferred onto your Card Account in just the same way as if you lost your wallet. In the event of loss, theft, fraud or any other risk of an unauthorised use of your Card, or if your Card is damaged or malfunctions, you must immediately call our Lost or Stolen Card Helpline (Please see Appendix B: How to contact us). Upon notification, we will take all reasonable steps to stop any further unauthorised use of your Card and your Card Account, which may mean that we suspend your Card Account and/or cancel your Card. We will refund the amount of any disputed Transaction which our investigations show has not been authorised by you provided that you have complied with the Agreement. If we discover that any disputed Transaction was authorised by you or that you have failed to comply with the Agreement, we will not refund the disputed Transaction.
- If you find your Card after you have reported it lost, stolen or being misused, you must not use it; you must destroy it immediately and then return it to us. Please see Appendix A: How to destroy your Card.
- If there are any funds remaining in your KiTTi Owner Account and/or Card Account we will issue a replacement Card or upon your request, return the funds to you in accordance with clause 14 (Cancellation, suspension and expiry of your KiTTi Owner Account, KiTTi Participant Account, Card Account, and Card). All replacement Cards will be delivered to the current postal address in our records.
Where losses for a Transaction cannot be resolved with the Merchant through the dispute process set out in clause 13 (Disputes with Merchants) below, you will be liable for all losses for any Transaction that:
- you have authorised or which has been made using your PIN;
- results because you have acted dishonestly or with gross negligence.
If your KiTTi Card is lost or stolen and someone else uses it with the correct PIN, you will only have to pay up to £50 in respect of loss incurred before you tell us of the loss or theft. However, if the Card is misused:
- by someone who has it with your permission; or
- by someone else and you have acted fraudulently; or
- by someone else and you have with intent or gross negligence either failed to use the Card in accordance with the Agreement or failed to notify us of any loss, theft or unauthorised use then you will have to pay for all Transactions carried out by that person.
If we know of, or reasonably suspect misuse or wish to prevent misuse of your Card in any way, then we may, without notice to you:
- refuse to approve a Transaction;
- immediately suspend your KiTTi Owner Account, Card Account and Card;
- cancel or suspend the right to use your Card;
- refuse to replace any Card provided we inform you in writing of this as soon as possible after the event. The Agreement will continue to apply under such circumstances and we will not be responsible or incur liability for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result.
- We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that you may suffer nor shall we be liable for any breach of our obligations under the Agreement, resulting in each case, from causes beyond our reasonable control including, fires, acts due to war or of terrorism or the public enemy, insurrection or riots, embargoes, acts of God, acts of a governmental authority.
- We accept no responsibility nor liability for a Merchant or third party refusing to honour a Transaction or for the Merchant failing to cancel an authorisation, or failing to cancel or amend a recurring Transaction.
- We accept no responsibility nor liability for, loss or damage suffered in relation to goods and/or services that you purchase with your Card, including their quality, safety and fitness for any purpose.
- We will not be held liable for any loss or damage if you fail to provide us with accurate personal information or if your personal details have changed and you have not informed us.
Our total liability to you under the Agreement shall be limited:
- to replacement of your Card, where your Card is faulty due to us, or
- to payment to you of an equivalent amount, where amounts have been incorrectly deducted and/or charged (as the case may be) to your KiTTi Owner Account and Card Account, or
- in all other respects, to repayment of a maximum of the available balance in your KiTTi Owner Account and Card Account immediately before the loss was incurred. We shall not be liable for any other loss whatsoever including any indirect or consequential loss or damage, howsoever caused.
- Your ability to use your Card Account, your KiTTi Owner Account and/or your Card may be temporarily interrupted from time to time, e.g. when we carry out maintenance. If this happens, you may be unable (a) to use your Card to pay for purchases or obtain cash from ATMs; (b) to pay-in to your KiTTi Owner Account or transfer funds into or out of your Card Account and/or (c) to obtain information about the funds available in your Card Account or KiTTi Owner Account and/or about your recent Transactions. If you have any problems using your Card, contact the KiTTi help desk team (Please see Appendix B: How to contact us).
- We will not be held liable for any fees charged by third parties, such as other banks, for use of their facilities or services.
Disputes with Merchants
Without prejudice to clause 13.3:
- If you have a dispute with a Merchant about any purchases made using your Card then you must first attempt to resolve this directly with the Merchant.
- If your attempts to resolve the dispute with the Merchant fails then, so long as you have informed us of the dispute within 30 days of the date of the disputed Transaction, we may, at our sole discretion, attempt to assist you with any qualifying dispute under the terms of the MasterCard card scheme. You shall be sent a dispute declaration form which must be completed in full for us to assist you with your dispute.
- If the disputed transaction is upheld by the MasterCard card scheme, you will be refunded immediately upon us being informed, unless we still suspect fraud. Where fraud is still suspected by us (acting reasonably), a request for a refund will be declined.
- If a disputed Transaction is refunded to your Card Account, it may later be deducted from your Card Account or KiTTi Owner Account if we receive information that proves that the Transaction was in fact genuine and correct or if we believe that you have not acted in accordance with the Agreement.
Cancellation, suspension and expiry of your KiTTi Owner Account, KiTTi Participant Account, Card Account, and Card
- Cards are valid for a period of sixty (60) months from the date of issue. The expiry date of your Card is printed on the front of the Card. You will not be able to use your Card once it has expired, although you will still be able to use your Card Account and KiTTi Owner Account. We can decline to issue a replacement Card, in which case your KiTTi Owner Account and Card Account will be closed in line with 14.8.
- If you tell us you do not want your Card renewed we will terminate your use of the KiTTi service (including any KiTTi Owner Account, KiTTi Participant Account, Card Account and Card) and refund any available but unused funds by bank transfer. You do not need to wait for your Card renewal to close your use of the KiTTi service.
- You may without reason, cancel your application for a Card Account and a Card before you activate your Card and up to 14 calendar days after you receive your Card (‘the Cancellation Period’), by writing to or emailing us (Please see Appendix B: How to contact us). You will not be entitled to a refund of any Transactions you have made prior (authorised or pending) nor refund of any charges incurred in respect of foreign currency Transactions and, where applicable, nor to a refund of any fees that we have charged before Cancellation.
- After the Cancellation Period you are responsible for all Transactions and fees charged to your Card Account.
- You may cancel your Agreement with us at any time by writing to us, calling us or emailing us (Please see Appendix B: How to contact us). Upon Cancellation, you must also destroy your Card (Please see Appendix A: How to destroy your Card) or if we request, you must return the Card to us having cut it into pieces. We will then return any available funds held in your KiTTi Owner Account and Card Account, provided you have not acted fraudulently. Nonetheless, we may hold available funds for up to 15 business days after receipt of your Cancellation instructions before releasing them to you; this is to ensure that all pending Transactions have been received and settled.
We may immediately deactivate your KiTTi Participant Account, cancel your Card and/or suspend your Card Account and your KiTTi Owner Account in the following circumstances:
- if you have not complied with the Agreement;
- if we have reason to believe that you have used, or intend to use, your Card, your Card Account and/or your KiTTi Owner Account and/or your KiTTi Participant Account and/or your KiTTi App in a grossly negligent manner or for a fraudulent or otherwise unlawful purpose;
- if we have any other security concerns;
- if we need to comply with the requirements of a legal and/or regulatory body;
- if we can no longer process Transactions due to the actions of third parties.
- We can suspend your Card, your Card Account, your KiTTi Participant Account, and/or your KiTTi Owner Account at any time with immediate effect if we discover that any of the information that you provided to us in upon registration and/or in your application was incorrect or a Transaction has been declined because of a lack of funds in your Card Account. If we discover that the information we hold about you is incorrect, we may have to suspend your KiTTi Participant Account, Card, your Card Account and your KiTTi Owner Account until we can establish the correct information.
- We can also deactivate your KiTTi Participant Account, cancel your Card and/or close your Card Account and your KiTTi Owner Account for any reason if we give you 60 days’ written notice. Once your Card has been cancelled we will automatically close your Card Account and KiTTi Owner Account. This process will allow 15 days for any pending Transactions or fees to be processed and paid before the KiTTi Owner Account and Card Account are finally closed and any balance refunded to you (subject to clause 14.9 below).
- Any funds remaining in your Card Account and KiTTi Owner Account will be refunded to you as soon as our security checks have been satisfactorily completed. We may ask you to provide us with certain information before we process your refund to comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations.
- Any redemption of available funds will be issued to you by bank transfer to your nominated bank account.
- If you want to be completely removed from all participation in the KiTTi service, including closing any KiTTi Owner Account, KiTTi Participant Account, Card Accounts or Cards, then contact the KiTTi help desk team – Please see Appendix B: How to contact us.
- Both a KiTTi Owner and a KiTTi Participant can check the balance and Transaction history of a KiTTi using the KiTTi App. We do not provide paper statements.
- A KiTTi Owner can also check all activity (Transactions, withdrawals, transfers between the KiTTi Owner Account and a Card Account, and fees) charged to your Card Account.
Changes to these terms and conditions
- We may amend or vary any of these terms and conditions and suspend, cancel, add, modify or delete any feature in connection with your KiTTi Participant Account or your Card, your Card Account and your KiTTi Owner Account. We will give you sixty 60 days’ written notice before making any such change(s).
- In the event of a change(s) being notified by us, then, at any time before the change is due to take effect you may cancel any KiTTi Participant Account, KiTTi Owner Account, Card Account and Card you may hold and immediately terminate the Agreement without having to pay any charges for doing so, by advising us in writing or by the telephone, whereupon we will provide you with the option to spend any remaining available funds using your Card or have the funds returned to you via bank transfer to a bank account you are the beneficial owner of. If you do not notify us of any objection to the change before the change is due to take effect, you will be deemed to have accepted it.
Restrictions on Card use
- From the 01/06/16, if you use your card at an unattended fuel pump, your account will be authorised for £99.00. Therefore, the balance will need to cover this maximum purchase amount of £99.00. This amount will be held until the final amount is submitted. At this point in time, the reserved amount will be adjusted to reflect the actual purchase. There may be a short delay in releasing the difference. Under no circumstance will this be longer than 30 days. Please note that, if your balance is less than this amount you should use a fuel station with an attendant in the store.
- If you are not happy with any part of the KiTTi service whatsoever, you can contact the KiTTi help desk team (Please see Appendix B: How to contact us) and we will investigate it.
- All complaints will be addressed in accordance with our complaints procedure.
- We will provide you with a copy of our complaints procedure upon request.
- If we fail to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Details of the service offered by the Financial Ombudsman Service are available at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.
- If any provision of the Agreement is deemed unenforceable or illegal, the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
- The Agreement may not be transferred by you to anyone else.
- You take full responsibility for the Card issued to you until it is cancelled or has expired and responsibility for all amounts due under the Agreement until they have been paid by you in full.
- We may assign our rights and benefits under the Agreement upon prior written notice to you.
- We may subcontract any of our obligations under the Agreement.
- The Agreement is written and available only in English. All communications with you in respect of your KiTTi Participant Account, KiTTi Owner Account, Card Account, or Card shall be in English.
- The Agreement is governed by English law and you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Electronic money (e-money) accounts are not bank accounts. By accepting the Agreement you acknowledge that the UK’s Financial Services Compensation Scheme does not apply to your KiTTi Owner Account. In the unlikely event that we become insolvent, you may lose the electronic money held in your KiTTi Owner Account. However, we have safeguarded the KiTTi Owner Account because the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 impose safeguarding requirements to protect your funds, which mean any claim you may have would be paid from the asset pool formed from these funds above all other creditors (except for the costs of distributing the asset pool).
Appendix A: How to destroy your Card
To effectively and securely destroy your Card, use a pair of scissors to first cut from the bottom left hand corner diagonally up, through the centre of the chip and continue in a straight line through the magnetic strip to the top of the Card. Then make a second cut in the larger of the resulting two pieces, starting at the bottom of the Card and continuing up to the top of the Card through the centre of the signature panel and through the magnetic strip. Destroying your Card in this way makes it much harder for fraudsters to gain any useful information from it.
Appendix B: How to contact us
To report a lost or stolen Card from the UK or abroad, please visit www.kitti.co.uk and contact us.
For the KiTTi help desk team and balance enquiries, please visit www.kitti.co.uk and contact us.
You can also contact the KiTTi help desk team by email or phone using the option within the KiTTi App or using the details on www.kitti.co.uk. You can also write to: KiTTi, PO Box 72074, London EC4P 4GB, United Kingdom.